1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help in Phoenix?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by pressboxramblings07, Sep 10, 2007.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Friend of mine that lives in Phoenix advises that its going to be hot this weekend so shorts and t-shirt (or golf shirt) is proper attire.

He, like others here, recommends the ASU game and the walk down Mill.

He also suggests: After the game he should take a $5 cab ride over to "Last Exit" a bar on Priest and Southern. $10 cover but Scott Johnson and Robin Wilson of Gin Blossom fame
    along with a few other good bands will be playing.

2. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I've seen the biggest collection of basically all things sports memorabilia not at the hall of fames and it's in South Florida.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I second the Rhythm Room.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I can't recommend highly enough the Tenderloin Sliders at Eli's in Scottsdale. Actually, it's quite far north in Scottsdale

5. rascalface

rascalface Member

We were at the Rhythm Room in Scottsdale, Arizona. It was in the summertime, it musta been '02....

p.s., it is indeed hotter than a Furnace Fan out in Arizona.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Don't know how old you are but here's a couple places:

-- Barcelona a pretty lively club/bar/restaurant in north part of Scottsdale
    -- City Hall, a very nice steak house although a little on the pricey side -- right off Camelback Road.

7. Thanks guys. Would be a lot easier if I wasn't going to be by myself.

I'll end up going to the game and doing something afterward. Flight leaves at the crack of dawn Sunday, so can't have too much fun.

Why did the D'backs have to be out of town?

Draft saved Draft deleted