1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help ... if I endure one more minute of Vick coverage, I might kick ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bubbler, Aug 27, 2007.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Find Vick
    [​IMG]

2. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

No you certainly don't, but the original poster makes a good point. People care about this -- and it's not like this is some Paris Hilton story, this is actually legitimate news. What else should ESPN have covered the last two days?

If people want to take issue with what talent ESPN featured in its coverage that's TOTALLY different, but I don't think you can fault them for spending so much time covering a sports story that is probably the most talked about thing in the country right now. If people don't want to watch it they obviously don't have to, but enough people do and that justifies the coverage IMO.

3. Flash

Flash Guest

Ah hahahaha, don't you all wish you were Canadian now? Sure, it's news ... but we're not obsessing about it.

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

When you've got sideline reporters interviewing beat reporters and editorial page editors, I think that's pretty close to a sign the apocalypse is nigh ...

5. healingman

healingman Guest

Son, please don't jump. But if you have to, please remember the line:

"I Made It Ma ... Top Of The World!!"

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

The NFL has jumped the shark with Vick, and that assumes they already hadn't.
    Truth be told, everyone realizes the league has more scumbags in it than Vick, but the league can't relent so Vick will never play again while players who have killed real, living human beings still get paid to play.
    What a fucking bunch of hypocrites.
    I for one won't be watching, ever again. It isn't because of Vick, but I'm sick of the wall to wall coverage of anything NFL.
    For me the NFL is the new ESPN. I've managed to live my life for a solid five, six years with minimal to non-existent ESPN watching. So giving up the NFL will be easy.
    All it was now was games and Inside the NFL on HBO.
    The NFL is the modern version of Christians fighting in the Coliseum. Next thing you know, the vandals, or, more likely, the Chinese, come knocking.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Last year, all I did was watch the games and read the paper. It was an enjoyable season, even if my Giants suck flaccid cock.

8. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

"If you ever fall off the Sears Tower, just go real limp, because maybe you'll look like a dummy and people will try to catch you because, hey, free dummy."

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Hard to pick someone I'd trade places with in this group right about now: Michael Vick, Rafer Alston, Owen Wilson, Lisa Nowak and Larry Craig. Paris and Lindsey aren't looking so bad right now.

10. Chef

Chef Active Member

How goofy is it that Marcus is the one who is "normal" and not Mike.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Give him time.

Draft saved Draft deleted