1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help for a Newbie

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by tadwriter, Jul 5, 2008.

1. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

Which one?
    Campanella quit playing when he was 35 didn't he? He won 3 MVPs and then he was done after a couple more years.

Yeah, Varitek hasn't been even within the MVP discussion, ever.
    Varitek means as much to fans, his team and the city he plays in as Campy did when he played. Not trying to make him a living legend here. He'll be remembered alongside some of the greats when he's finished, though. :)

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Looking at Campy's stats, two of those years, he only missed roughly 10 games. AT CATCHER.

Couple those seasons, with the wear and tear of his time in the Negro Leagues (In Boys of Summer, he said he frequently played THREE games in one day), along with the fact that there was no weightlifting back in those days, Campy was probably on the downside of his career.

Still, it was terrible what happened to him with the accident, and that his wife abused him physically and emotionally.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Whoa, I didn't know all of that. My joke isn't quite as funny now.

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Damn kids.

5. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

Had I known that, I wouldn't have made it. I apologize for my ignorance. Once again, you're knowledge of all things baseball humbles me Buck.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I don't pad. Everything I type is informational, worthwhile and adds great lengths to the conversation.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The non-blue blue font is a thing of beauty when done well.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I do what I can, Dools, and it's all for you.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Welcome back, Fenian! ;)

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Nah, I think it's Knickfan.

11. tadwriter

tadwriter Member

Iv'e read stuff on the board in the past, and I stand in awe of FB. I am definitely not him. I am a far lower form of life, a sponge.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

stoob?

Draft saved Draft deleted