1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help for a Newbie

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by tadwriter, Jul 5, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I am nothing, if not consistent.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

True.

I almost texted you a picture, you of no accent. Though I don't have your phone number so it would have been difficult. My very good friend drove through Dumas, Texas, today and sent me a picture of your favorite sign.

3. tadwriter

tadwriter Member

BTW, KYSportsWriter, the Rangers logo may show up one day. After all, considering the fact that I am old enough to remember the REAL dodgers, I can also remember Bibby, Harrah, Fergie, Inky and even David Clyde's first game against the Twins. Besides, the Rangers have one of the great ballparks. It's just hard to beat places like Ebbets Field, Polo Grounds, and THE Yankee Stadium.

4. tadwriter

tadwriter Member

Just come up with the $$$ Angola. Even I have my price. Besides, I'm now halfway to an even dozen and I haven't made it 24 hours yet, so you may have made your offer too late.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Nah, it's cool.

I'm a Yankees fan and enjoy pointing out how fat Andruw Jones is, assuming you followed the Dodgers and like the L.A. version.

6. tadwriter

tadwriter Member

I grew up loving the Bums, but boycotted them after they went to L.A., although I had to admire Koufax, Drysdale and Lasorda. The only reason I care a thing about them now is Joe Torre, a real class act. I was one of the rare ones that pulled for the Yanks, Brooklyn, N.Y. Giants. All three of them! I wantes one of them to win the World Serious every year. It was easy to do except for when the Dodgers played the Giants, or one of them played in the Series anast the Yankees. Then I just sat back and enjoyed what I thought was the best baseball in the world. B-ball today is still great, but not like that. Not like Mickey, Duke, Leo the Lip, Willie, and my hero, Campanella.

7. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

Anyone who loves baseball history is all right by me.
    You don't see many players play for the same team their whole career anymore. Varitek might be the best comparison these days to Campanella, wouldn't you say?

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

So, you're saying Campanella fell off the face of the earth in his age 36 season?

9. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

Ha!
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/c/camparo01.shtml
    Actually, he did. But he was only 35 when he was finished.
    And Varitek's just in a slump. He'll be back.

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Heck with this newbie getting us beers; let's get him a carton of Chesterfields.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

How about a carton of Pall Malls? That would serve me and Kurt better. Though, unlike Kurt, I enjoy filters.

Draft saved Draft deleted