1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help FarmerJ and Dr. J cross the border thread....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by farmerjerome, Jun 21, 2006.

1. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Just tell your parents you'll be gone for days if they come up with the cash. I'm sure that will open their wallets quickly.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

He will accept brown hen eggs as payment and peer deep into Harriet Oleson's cavern in exchange for some of Willie's gumdrops.

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

When Mary went blind, his blatant malpractice should have led to him being drawn and quartered on the show. It would have been an NBC ratings bonanza.

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

[​IMG]

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Maybe Poindexter can lend you the money.

You'd end up being the only friend he has.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

After what he said, it would take more than that.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I am convinced he was guilty of malpractice more than once. There was actually a really lame episode centered around this. Some 98-year-old woman unexpectedly died after he made a call, so he went back to his office and -- plaintive music wailing -- takes his shingle off the wall and throws his door nameplate in the trash. The townspeople spend the next 47 minutes persuading him to come back and mismanage more patients.

On an unrelated note, it's been said this completely unimpressive specimen of an actor was a real mackdaddio on the set and picked up a few more skins for his mantel.

8. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Part of me regrets having posted a pic of ol' Doc Baker and giving you SportsJournalists.com townspeople a chance to sully his good name.

Of course, the other part of me's laughing my tail off at the thought of Doc Baker being a playa.

9. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I can just imagine him forcing Albert to drive the covered wagon out into the "prairie" -- I assume they didn't film in Minnesota -- where he would have Mary, Nellie, Laura and her sisters undress him from his doctor outfit.

10. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

That's okay, I'd rather stay home in my apartment with no AC.

My parents are talking it over.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, you could always tell them you're being inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame--journalists division.

Would that work?

12. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Try a cash advance place. You write them a check for however much money you need (plus their fee, not sure how they charge tho). And then they cash the check in two weeks (or something like that).

Draft saved Draft deleted