1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help CradleRobber understand...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CradleRobber, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I don't know the specifics. Who broke it off? If she did and then said, "OK, we can be friends," I think you're playing yourself if you still have feelings for her.

Do you still have feelings for her?

2. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

Of course, I'll always still have some feelings for her. But as of recently, I don't feel nearly as strongly as I used to. She ended the title of "relationship" during that summer because she was only 14, and it got to be way too serious for a girl of that age.

But the friendship has been amazing, and as I've said repeatedly, it's not a "OK we dated now let's be 'friends'" friendship. That's why I won't give it up, even though I won't be back home as much and we'll probably talk less. Last semester it was daily. Right now, it's only about every other day or two of three.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

You have the best avatar here. [/Dodgers fanboy]

You're young, and I'd follow the advice Alan Arkin gives to the older brother mute in "Little Miss Sunshine" in terms of sexual voracity. As much as you can, young man.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Uh ... someone else was busy wanting to swing that sh_t wide open. Too much Keith's to think through? ;D

5. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

Wow. The 18-year-old complained that the 16-year-old is ahead of her on my "MySpace Top Friends." How mature.

6. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Sounds like a columnist in the making.

7. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

You're dealing with teenage girls here...think about this for a second why they would get instantly jealous...

8. KP

KP Active Member

This thread is useless without pictures.

*Just don't put up the kind that will send us all to jail.

Move on, make college relationships.

9. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

You can be friends, even very good friends, with an ex as long as you both know and respect each other's boundaries. I couldn't have done that at 20, but I can do that now at 32. It may just take time away from each other.

For me, it took a few years, but I'm able to maintain a great friendship with a former flame. It helps that we're both somewhat in the same profession, so we have that to talk about instead of other things.

Draft saved Draft deleted