1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help a Canuck out?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HC, Aug 9, 2006.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Did I forget to mention that we deal with a lot of Faith-based organizations? But thanks for the suggestion. :D

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hooters is (are?) a religion to some people....

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

It's just a restaurant.

4. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

What beef do they have with owls? ;D

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

The restaurant chains you have already seem perfectly fine.

I would suggest the AMC/Loews movie tickets. As was mentioned, AMC just bought out Loews so that probably works out. If you want to verify the movie locations, I suggest using MovieFone.com and then typing in the zip codes of the clients to see which theaters are closest.

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

It's 'just a restaurant' the way OJ is 'just a retired football player'. :D

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

More to the point it's a shitty restaurant.

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Thanks to all of you. You really helped me out.  :-*

9. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

There's now a Tim Hortons in Fall River MA.....only 25 miles south of Dunkin Donuts HQ's. I can only hope its a success and they make they way north.

10. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Outbacks are also good at Carraba's (holy jesus is their shit good) and Fleming's steak house.

11. Gold

Gold Active Member

Red Lobster is a good choice. In a lot of places, there really aren't good places for seafood so Red Lobster is really popular. My wife loves it and I think it's one of the better of the large chain restaurants around. I don't like Red Lobster anymore because I get a bad allergic reaction to shellfish.

I would say Applebee's might be popular with faith-based folks. I always thought of it as a place which was an ordinary place for white people who had no taste for ethnic foods, but I went there and it was pretty good. I also like the fact that they have a Weight Watchers menu so people watching their weight can have it.

TGIF might be another good choice. That seems pretty good.

Olive Garden I would say no to. My feeling is that if your city doesn't a better Italian restaurant than Olive Garden, you should move.

The question I would have about Outback is whether two people could get a meal for less than $50.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I introduced someone to the joy of Carrabba's a couple weekends back. I love spreading the gospel.

Edit: I've never even heard of some of those Landry's restaurants, and I haven't seen a Joe's Crab Shack in three years. Is all that stuff a regional thing?

Draft saved Draft deleted