1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hell's Kitchen -- anyone watching?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mediaguy, Jul 2, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hell's Kitchen is about Gordon Ramsay.

The one thing I find funny about some of these people chosen: a lot of them aren't professional chefs. Hell some of them can't even hold a knife properly. And they're going to be an executive chef at a Las Vegas resort? Hmmmm.

I will check out the show.

2. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Kitchen Confidential is a great book -- takes you inside the restaurant business. Some of the best stuff is cautionary reading, like why you should never order seafood on certain days of the week and to be wary of "manager's specials." It's good insider stuff, very frank and very funny.

3. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

i missed the elimination (kick me now, i was switching back and forth to age of love - damn those 40-somethings are hot) but i thought i saw that they gave the little troll melissa a 2nd chance and switched her to the guys' team.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Very true, I'd forgot about that myself. But Ramsay warned her this is her last chance. Don't forget, next week's is the most shocking Hell's Kitchen yet!

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Well, thanks for coming out Melissa. Take your soul patch (what the fuck is up with that?) and Cousin It hair back to the Bronx or Jersey City or wherever the fuck you're from.

Little suspense to Monday's show. It's pretty clear that it'll be Rock vs. Jen for all the marbles.

I won't believe that the result of that challenge wasn't rigged either. (On reality TV? Shocking!) There's no way Ramsay wants to be drinking champagne in a limo and posing for pics with three guys and Cousin It.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

My money's on Jen.

7. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I can't believe nobody's made a crack about smelling what the Rock is cooking.

I say there's no way Rock loses.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Unless he loses his mind first. I seriously thought he was going to hurt someone this past episode.

And while I think Jen is talented and the best girl...SHE TOOK FOOD OUT OF THE GARBAGE!

9. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

and the winner is?

10. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I hate FOX! They put up this big thing about it being the final two, then they extend everything out another damn week. And for Julia to be picked next to last is an outrage! Rock deserves to lose for not grabbing her up. Damn I HATE Bonnie, because Ramsey has a hard on for her like he did Virginia last season, but unless "Hells bitches" emerges once again like the previews says they will, Rock is behind.
    Rock, you picked Vinnie and had to take Josh, you are behind the game in my opinion.

11. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

I wouldn't have picked Julia. She's all over the place emotionally. She even said she was pulling for Rock when she's on Bonnie's team. I still like Rock to win it all.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

What a huge waste of time. (Robin Leach is still alive - and chunky. Who knew?)

Guess the Green Valley Ranch Resort didn't have that panoramic view of the Strip the shwo wanted because it looked like Ramsey and Co. did their champagne toast from a balcony at the Palms.

Rock takes it all as fragile Julia sabotages Bonnie.

Draft saved Draft deleted