1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hello from Australia

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jesse Dart, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Jesse Dart

Jesse Dart New Member

Hi everyone,

My name's Jesse and I am an aspiring sports journalists. I am 14 and have followed sports for all my life, particularly Australian Rules Football, but I have a keen interest in American Sports as well. Would someone be able to tell me if there is a place to post articles that I have written? Have a great day.

2. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Jesse, do you like movies about gladiators?

spikechiquet likes this.
  4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Be nice, everybody.
    Jesse, you can post stuff to the "Writers' Workshop" board for critiques, but be patient. That board is not as active as the three or four main ones and it might be a few days before someone responds.
    Be polite and respectful, and most people will be happy to help you. Also, mind your grammar. There's bound to be some Aussie-to-English translation issues, but this is a message board for professional writers. The fewer simple spelling and grammar mistakes you have, the more people will take you seriously.

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Australia, huh?
    [​IMG]

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

What Batman said. Just don't act like you know all the answers and accept constructive criticism and you'll be fine. And unless youre REALLY talented you're going to take plenty of criticism to get better at 14. I could barely tie my shoes by then. :)

Jesse Dart likes this.
  7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

And Jesse, tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes!

The initial photo is of the traditional releasing of the hounds! And the above two references are to Airplane! If you haven't seen it, shut this silly machine down and go watch it now!

Jesse Dart likes this.
  8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Dearest Jesse: I hear the friendly blokes over at sonsofsamhorn.com and also at Baseball's Best Fans (@BestFansStLouis) | Twitter may take kindly to your request.
    Especially if you talk to them about Yankees and Cubs baseball. They really enjoy that.
    Cheers.
    Chef

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Surely, you can't be serious.

10. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

He is, and don't call him Shirley.

Draft saved Draft deleted