1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hello Friends: Official Masters tuuuuuurnament thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/04/sports/golf/randal-lewis-age-54-prepares-for-his-first-masters.html

Very cool story. Love the part about Watson.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Great read. Love stories like that.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

If Bradley wins, he will have won his first two major championship starts. Obviously never been done. Don't think he could pull that off.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I don't think he can win it, either, but on his best, his game fits, and wouldn't be surprised if he has a decent week.

5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Me too -- he wrote a letter to him, and Watson wrote a letter back. Old technology still works, people! :D

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Woodland paired with Quiros tomorrow. I doubt you'll see many 2-irons off the tee.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Woodland-Quiros and also Cabrera, McIlroy and Bubba Watson. Lot of dick-measuring off the tee will be going on in those two groups.

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

In our blind pool, I have drawn Haas, Dufner, O'Hair and Tim Clark. Debating whether to tear up the slip now or wait until 7 p.m. Friday.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I meant first time in the toonamint, like a Sang-Moon Bae. That's too tall of an order; hasn't been done since Fuzzy in '79.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

This was so damn good. Weinreb makes me jealous.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7771562/the-uncertain-future-onetime-savior-tiger-woods

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I'm sure Rory won't mind hitting first from the fairway then watching Bubba hit out of the pinestraw.

Actually the Masters should be tailored made for Bubba since there's not Open like trouble off the tee and he's really creative in his approaches but Bubba's short game and putting are not as strong.

The Masters was really made for Daly, he of the beautiful hands, unfortunately, his head was never on straight. Imagine if he had played a Masters like he played St. Andrews in '95, he could've had a couple. Daly putted like few others could.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Daly always felt he should have won a Green Jacket as well.

I still wonder if McIlroy has it stuck in his head from a year ago. One thing that makes me think he does.....he was hitting 3-wood off 10. I know you hit driver to hell and gone there last year on Sunday. You could land a KingAir in that fairway. Do what you did for 63 holes.

Draft saved Draft deleted