1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hello all

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by renton, Jul 5, 2010.

1. renton

renton New Member

Hello all,

I do not know if this is the correct place to do it, but I would like to introduce myself.

I'm a 29 years old journalist from Spain, based in Barcelona. Work on Radio, TV and paper. I found this place surfing in the Internet and I believe would be in touch with colleagues in the States.

Keep in touch. Best,

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'm renton too. Don't have good-enough credit to be buyon

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That's O.K. At least you don't have to worry about being foreclosedon.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Welcome renton - let us know how we can help. Most people here are good folks who are always willing to extend a hand to a colleague.

5. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

This is SOOOO not the place or way to do this Renton.
    To do it properly you have to find a hot topic post a far out opinion and act like everyone else is completely wrong because you have been in the biz for years and know everything. Then call out a couple of the regular posters by calling them idiots then 20,000 posts later a few people may value your opinion, the rest know better.
    Join the SJ college football poll have a hissy fit, then quit turning in your poll, freak out on the boards and suddenly disappear.

**The characters depicted in this post are fictional. Any similarities to persons living or dead is purely coincidental and unintended.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Moddy's right; we are helpful. We will gladly help pick out the beer we want you to get us.

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Welcome, renton! Good to have you!

Como se dice "newbie" en Espanol? :)

8. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Report to one of our soccer threads and feel free to tell us how it is in Spain.

9. renton

renton New Member

Thanks all for your welcome!

newbie = "Principiante" or "Novato"

"Report to one of our soccer threads and feel free to tell us how it is in Spain. "
    Sure, I'll try to find out and reply. Feel free to ask me anything you need so I can help you.

Best,

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Ir a Porme la cerveza, Principiante! *

*(Probably not the correct Spanish/English usage. Hopefully, I didn't tell him he looks like naked Mama Coreleone. Either way, welcome!)

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Bubbler will be the judge of that.

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Novata, un cervaza por favor!

(I think that's it)

Anyway, welcome Renton!

Draft saved Draft deleted