1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hella good news

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flash, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

No reason why he shouldn't. It's a non-profit, after all, so their money has to go somewhere. ;)

Seriously, congrats, Flash.

2. Flash

Flash Guest

The boss made me an offer I couldn't refuse. The opportunity to write and work in the public again. She is, yes, paying me better than I've made at any paper ...
    Thanks for the props, all!

3. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Congrats, Flash. You should do well.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Congrats to you dear lady. I know you've got to be feeling better now that you get to keep writing for a meaningful purpose. And, y'know, have a worthwhile paycheck, too.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I'd like to add, though, that how is it a FEMALE boss has seen your rack but I haven't?

:-(

6. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Low-cut blouses rule. I also like the ones with the skinny shoulder straps. On women, of course.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

What do these jobs typically pay? $40K? I'm not bashing, I'm just curious...

8. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Congrads Flash. You found a job that pays more than one in journalism? :eek: Impossible!

I assume you haven't had to move for this, which is presumably also good news.

Good luck with it.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

So did she have complimentary things to say about your rack?

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Is the organization per chance "save the baby seals"?

11. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Flash,

Congrats on the new gig.

I'm doing PR for a non-profit (and, yes Mizzou, my pay is around $40K) and would be happy to help you anyway I can.

Good luck.

12. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Flash!

Don't know what to tell you about the new place, except maybe keep your work-time SportsJournalists.com surfing to a minimum for a while.

Draft saved Draft deleted