1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

He'll fight for weird casting, wherever there's taste . . .GI Joe is here!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Didn't Bumblebee get blown up in that crossover, too? That's gotta be worth something.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yes, the Joes blew up Bumblebee, thinking all of the giant robots were bad. After realizing their error, they rebuilt him. I think that was when he became Goldbug.

I forgot to come back and post this yesterday. The code-name of in issue #1 of the Marvel Comics series of a character we never saw in that series or in the toys was Shooter, after Jim Shooter. Apparently, some kind of story was given for Shooter in the Devil's Due series.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Morons! They should've let Megatron play hacky-sack with his head.
    I never thought I'd see the day when SportsJournalists.com would have a G.I. Joe thread. I feel giddy ;D

4. outofplace

Ha. I got into a conversation about this with two friends of mine last night. One of them manages a comic shop. He would put us all to shame in terms of knowledge of comic book history (you decide if it is his shame or ours). The other guy was a fan of the cartoon who is excited about the movie, but never read comics.

I challenged the comic store manager to come up with the 13 originals. Took him maybe five minutes to rattle them off. My other buddy asked which one of us was Steve Carell's character in the 40-Year-Old Virgin based on.

"Well, I have living, breathing proof that I'm not a virgin (my 4-year-old daughter), so....."

You have to watch what you say about guys with Marine training....

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Why would Siena Miller get involved in this train wreck?

6. outofplace

Yes, a truly respected actress lowering herself in such a manner. Disgraceful.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

$$$

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

If they dress her up like Cleavage Girl from the Transformers, I won't have any complaints ...

9. outofplace

True. Besides, she apparently survived the horror of having to make a film in "Shitsburgh"

http://fametastic.co.uk/archive/20061106/3207/sienna-miller-admits-and-apologises-for-pittsburgh-bar-tantrum/

edit: Sneak, good point. Unfortunately, they might also ask her to speak.

10. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

11. outofplace

12. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Their unis look like something out of Max Steel. About Destro, maybe something happens to him in the movie and later on he has to wear the silver mask. I dunno. But I have very, very low expectations for this.

Draft saved Draft deleted