1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

He'll Eat Anything

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Isn't there something that the body can't digest that much milk that quickly? Maybe it's an urban myth.

We used to do something similar with habanero peppers in college. Being from California, I was pretty good at it, but shitting fire for three days is hardly worth the $50 I'd win.

2. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

I too am Californian. Much of my makeup is Latino.

I can take Habaneros. They're hot, sometimes even too much so. But I'm not one to shy away from them. They're fantastic in eggs and once they're cooked, they lose a little bit off the fastball.

About three months ago, a friend of Indian decent stuck a Ghost Pepper in front of me. I swear to God, it is Hell bunched into a 2"X1" pepper. I started sweating in places I didn't know a human could sweat.

Those who test the limits of chili and peppers know a glass a milk will help diffuse some of the heat. I put down half a gallon without a breath. Could have done a gallon without thinking of it.

I will never touch one of those suckers as long as I live.

3. LevinTBlack

LevinTBlack Member

There is. In reality everyone is lactose-intolerant. It's just a matter of degree. Some people can break down a lot of lactose at one time and some people can't break down any. Everyone has a limit though. It's a very rare person who can do the gallon of milk in 12 minutes but it can be done. Never tried it myself. I used to consume milk like crazy. When I was a kid it was all I drank except coke when we went out to eat. Now I don't drink it much at all and I find when I do drink a big glass of it my stomach doesn't handle it all that well. I don't puke but I don't feel great either.

4. Probably about $125-150 a day. And everybody in the travelling party gets the same as the players. So it could be $10,000 a year.

5. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Thought this was some sort of update on Mikey ;D

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If I drink two glasses of milk I usually feel like I'm about to puke.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

"You hit .300 in the show, you can eat boogers and the press will think you're colorful. But if you're a .183 hitter in the minors who makes less than $60,000 a year, it means you're a slob."

8. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

This story was awesome on several levels.

"Tooz will eat anything except poop, urine and vomit," Diamondbacks reliever Sam Demel said. "No, wait—I'm sorry. He will eat vomit."

We had a friend in high school who would eat anything on a dare. We'd mix our lunch up together, sometimes chocalte milk and just whatever, and he'd go to town. I think everyone had this friend in high school. He was just sick.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

That's $60,000 for 8 months work which works out to about $90,000 for a 12-month a year job. Plus - unless something's changed - these guys get MLB per diem on the road, which is pretty good chunk of change.

Knew a guy who played HS ball with a buddy who went on to be the Reds' bullpen guy several years ago. In addition to his salary he received two tickets to every home game. Being that he wasn't from Cincy, and looking to save on housing, he traded his season's worth of tickets for a free hotel suite at one of the downtown hotels for the entire season.

Yeah, that meant he lived out of a hotel at home and on the road but his housing was free, he could walk to work and he had daily housekeeping. Pretty sweet deal for a young guy.

10. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

The thing is, he could eat urine. It's sterile. People lost in the dessert survive drinking their own urine. Someone needs to tell him it's not a problem.

11. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

If he's eating the urine, then whoever's providing it has some pretty serious issues.

12. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

For the record, I love being lost in dessert.

Draft saved Draft deleted