1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Helen Thomas interview proves why the press is loathed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ScribePharisee, Jan 22, 2009.

1. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

And biased, and out of touch with mainstream America.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/warner-todd-huston/2009/01/21/what-else-should-report-be-liberal

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Linkage, perhaps?

3. ScribePharisee

I'm sure the first comment will be an attack on the messenger of the interview or the picture of Rush on the page, not the actual words spoke by this woman.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Why would I read a site which features that asswipe Rush?

5. Actually, Newsbusters is another pile of crap from the fertile mulchmind of wingut welfare king Brent Bozell.

"I am sure that most of you do not want to suffer through this whole, odious interview..."

Yeah, because context is so tiresomely liberal.

6. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Proves? What proof is there?

7. ScribePharisee

Did they do a voiceover on her words?

Nice try.

8. The proof is in the pudding, and they ran out at lunch today, as we've seen. People get cranky at naptime.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yup, attack the messenger and completely ignore Thomas' words, showing you have absolutely nothing once again.

Nice work, Fenian.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Thomas and I suppose some of you are in effect saying that there is no way a person can become educated, then make the conscious decision to be conservative. It's the height of arrogance.

11. ScribePharisee

No, and Fenian's accusation of context would go ignored by him in the Rush Limbaugh interview with Hannity, which is going up momentarily.

Tony, that's Fenian's signature response when he has nothing else to fire.

12. I Digress

I Digress Guest

scribe, i'm guessing you didn't actually listen to the interview, which is every interesting, but just read the incendiary copy around it. She's a liberal. Oh, wow. The sun rose in the east this morning, too.
    Oh, and by the way, the mainstream just elected a black man president. Which puts you, I think, outside the main.

Draft saved Draft deleted