1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Helen Thomas: anti-semite

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by hondo, Jun 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What was Huckabee's quote?

Arabs live peaceably in Israel and have full rights.

How well are Jews treated in Arab countries?

2. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

When all is said and done, Helen Thomas will be remembered as a great in American journalism. Breitbart will be a footnote in the slums of the section on blogs, at best.

I think after all these years, she's earned the right not to be judged on the basis of a few poorly worded comments. Should we judge you based on a few of your worst moments around here?

As someone with Lebanese roots, I don't think it should come as a shock to anyone that she might take the Palestinian side of the conflict.

Breibart is an issue because he's been exposed as a paid liar and shill with a partisan agenda. Frankly, Ms. Thomas would have been better served telling his little cockroaches where to shove their mike.

As your girl Sarah Palin would probably say, this is a piece of "gotcha" journalism. But of course, it's okay when it's your side doing it.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

n
    e
    e
    n
    e
    r

n
    e
    e
    n
    e
    r

4. fishhack2009

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestine

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

6. YankeeFan

For any reason other than longevity? Do you think she's a good writer, reporter, or columnist?

So what? He has nothing to do with it. All he did was broadcast her words. Should he not have?

If not, why not?

Because she's old, she should get a pass? They were her words. Her beliefs.

If you've listened to her "questions" over the years, it's pretty clear what she thinks about the State of Israel.

I'll be happy to be judged on the totality of my posts. Let's judge Helen the same way.

She's shown herself to be an anti-semite before. This is not new. It's just the most obvious example.

The Palestinian side meaning that the State of Israel has no right to exist? That's genocidal.

Again, what does that have to do with Helen's own words?

She's not my girl, she has nothing to do with this, and if gotcha journalism is simply broadcasting someone's own words than I'm ok with it.

It's not like this was even some interview with Breitbart. He wasn't even there, was he?

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You think he's a right-wing bootlicker maquerading as a jouranlist because he's not the left-wing bootlicker you want him to be.

8. fishhack2009

Nice try.

Fail.

I couldn't care less if he wants to be a right-wing bootlicker.

He's not free to pretend to be a legitimate journalist in the process.

That clear it up for ya?

9. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Wait, I thought it was the Jews who secretly ran the liberal media...

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The side meaning that "This land belongs to us, so you will either have to move or fight us for it."

Not exactly a new concept. Been done all over the world since a generation or so after creation.

11. YankeeFan

Does Breitbart claim to be much of a journalist?

He worked for Drudge, then set up his own site, and paid to get AP stories.

Then, when Drudge linked to an AP story, he linked to the story on Breitbart's site, and Breitbart made money from ads.

Now he's set up some other sites for commentary, but I don't think he imagines himself as some kind of modern day Edward R. Murrow.

As for this story, he wasn't behind it and didn't put the interviewer up to it.

The note on his site reads:

It was out there. It was just getting ignored. Breitbart shined a light on it.

Good for him.

12. YankeeFan

Please. The "Palestinians" don't want to fight for it.

They'd be wiped out in a true fight and they know it.

That's why they just try to provoke things and run and cry victim.

And the press and the Jew haters across the world eat it up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.