1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heisman Watch

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dan Rydell, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Jahvid Best is going to put up ridiculous numbers next year.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Actually Hawaii's better this year, but whatever makes you feel good, SEC fanboy.

3. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Thing is, unless you know something I don't, it's a stretch to say BCS teams are scared of the Warriors.

2007- Washington
    2006-Purdue, Oregon State, Arizona
    2005-USC, Michigan State, Wisconsin
    2004-Northwestern, Michigan State
    2003-USC, Alabama

And most of those games are at Hawaii (because BCS schools use it as a fun trip for their fans and players).

4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

OK, i'll tell my buddy who votes to drop LSU and Florida and move Hawaii into the top 10.

5. I believe Purdue and Michigan State have said they wouldn't do it again because of the costs.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

SC,

Boise deserved all the accolades they got for last year's undefeated run and the bowl game victory over OU, but there's no way they (or this year's Hawaii team) could even sniff an unbeaten season in the SEC. Rarely does an SEC team get through without a blemish. The defending national champs couldn't.

7. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

True. That's got to be hella expensive. But it hardly backs up a claim that BCS teams are scared of Hawaii.
    Looking forward to those games against Wash and Boise. Wish they had more top-flight games this season.

8. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

Does it ever occur to anyone why anytime the SEC is brought up in conversation regarding the rest of the NCAA all any SEC fanboy wants to be let known is the conference is above and beyond every other conference and how "hard" it is to play in it.
    Rarely do you hear any solid "why" reasons though.
    I'll give you LSU, Auburn, Florida and Arkansas. But saying the whole conference is just that better all around "just because" is nonsense. You mean to tell me Ole Miss, South Carolina, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, and Mississippi State are all that much better than the lower rungs of the Big 10 or the Pac-10?
    The broad generalization people regard the SEC is sickening, to tell the truth.
    It might be the best conference, but it's not without it's shit games and teams. Ole Miss can't be better than Hawaii just because of the conference it plays in.

9. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

Just as an example, I always hear the GameDay guys say..."well, LSU might be the most talented team in the country right now, but they play in the SEC, so there's not going to be any easy games for them all year after their non-conference schedule."
    And I wanna scream at em..."yes there is, they play South Carolina, and Kentucky! And Old Miss. And Vandy...Alabama probably. Saban might be good, but he ain't THAT good to turn em around in his first year.

Draft saved Draft deleted