1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heisman Trophy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pringle, Nov 4, 2006.

?

Who should be the winner?

1. Troy Smith

18 vote(s)
    48.6%
  2. Brady Quinn

5 vote(s)
    13.5%
  3. Steve Slaton

5 vote(s)
    13.5%
  4. Michael Hart

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  5. Other

7 vote(s)
    18.9%
  1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

And there would go the Heisman hype for Hart.

2. I heard in a ESPN telecast the difference between Michigan last year and this year is Hart. He won't win but he has to be invited.

3. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

One thing to remember about Slaton is this -- he's a right-handed guy who's carrying almost exclusively in his left hand this season because of a reasonably serious injury to his right.

Various reports say the hand is either broken or seriously bruised, and team doctors don't know which yet because undergoing the necessary surgical procedure to diagnose it would wind up costing him at least one game.

So, he's sucking it up and essentially playing the season one-handed. And the two fumbles against Louisville came after his LEFT arm/hand was stung and he experienced numbness throughout the arm. Still, he finished with, what, 156 yards on 18 carries?

I mean, I guess he COULD have just tucked the ball under his chin....

I'll acknowledge Troy Smith is a worthy front-runner, but I'd think at least playing through that sort of injury and still ranking No. 2 nationally among rushers would at least merit an invite to NY.

4. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

He will be a big difference.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Great story about his toughness, but the vote is based on results. Even if they are understandable, Slaton's fumbles should count against him.

Hell, if Adrian Peterson is healthy, he's the top RB in the race. But he's not. It's football. People get hurt.

Draft saved Draft deleted