1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heisman Trophy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pringle, Nov 4, 2006.

?

Who should be the winner?

1. Troy Smith

18 vote(s)
    48.6%
  2. Brady Quinn

5 vote(s)
    13.5%
  3. Steve Slaton

5 vote(s)
    13.5%
  4. Michael Hart

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  5. Other

7 vote(s)
    18.9%
  1. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

you can never tell with your blowjobs... sorry...

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Quarterback A -- 67.8 percent, 1,898 yards, 22 touchdowns, 2 INTs, 174.3 rating
    Quarterback B -- 67.7 percent, 1,705 yards, 24 touchdowns, 4 INTs, 166.6 rating
    Quarterback C -- 63.7 percent, 2,233 yards. 21 touchdowns, 4 INTs, 145.8 rating

And to think, one of these men will probably win the Heisman. Not much to separate them. The worst thing to happen to this Heisman race was Adrian Peterson's injury.

3. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Those need to be updated after last week's games, though.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'm sure the upcoming Michigan-Ohio State game will eliminate either Smith or Hart. Those two are my frontrunners with Quinn third right now, but Booty could vault if USC wins out. Of course, Quinn could redeem himself vs. Booty ...

Hmm, looks like a Heisman Final Four.

Smith-Hart winner vs. Booty-Quinn winner.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Good call, didn't realize those were outdated numbers ...

Quarterback A -- 66.7 percent, 2,006 yards, 22 touchdowns, 3 INTs, 165.9 rating
    Quarterback B -- 69.1 percent, 2,051 yards, 27 touchdowns, 4 INTs, 172.1 rating
    Quarterback C -- 63.9 percent, 2,579 yards, 25 touchdowns, 4 INTs, 150.3 rating

... And Football Bat, I know that he might have fumbled his Heisman chance away, but Steve Slaton is still probably the best running back in the nation and would deserve an invite before Mike Hart. But that's just me.

6. I think Colt McCoy is the Ron Powlus that Ron Powlus was supposed to be

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You aren't allowed to win if you couldn't beat a Mike Shula-coached team. Man law.

Being a finalist would probably be a bitch for him. Can you imagine Honolulu-to-NYC round trip at finals time?

8. MCEchan36

MCEchan36 Guest

1) Ray Rice
    2) Brian Leonard
    3) Mike Teel

Yes, I've been drinking too much Nattie Lite and apparently my tap is connected to the Old Raritan

9. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Mike Hart should win it.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

If it goes to a running back, it ought to be Slaton. And for all the talk about Hart, let's see what kind of a difference he makes against Ohio State.

11. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I think he'll get a good chance. Lloyd Carr loves running that ball.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Well, Oz, I'll say this much ... if Hart DOESN'T make a difference, U-of-M is going down big-time in that one.

Draft saved Draft deleted