1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heisman Trophy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pringle, Nov 4, 2006.

?

Who should be the winner?

1. Troy Smith

18 vote(s)
    48.6%
  2. Brady Quinn

5 vote(s)
    13.5%
  3. Steve Slaton

5 vote(s)
    13.5%
  4. Michael Hart

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  5. Other

7 vote(s)
    18.9%
  1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

But it doesn't appear that any offensive player is consistently changing the game this year. Troy Smith is good, but Michigan's defense, and in turn Woodley, are the reason the Wolverines are the No.2 team in the nation.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

That's because people aren't watching the right players. Ian Johnson from BSU and Hawaii's Colt Brennan do that, but like App said, will be totally ignored b/c they play in the WAC instead of a BCS conference.

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The Pac-10's best quarterback plays at Cal, not USC. His name is Nate Longshore.

So does its best player, Marshawn Lynch.

4. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

As a guy who once cast a vote for Marvin "Shade Tree" Jones, I know it too well.

Hey, at least I knew Ty Detmer wasn't all that.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I would second Lynch. I liked the article Maisel did on Cal's attitude before Saturday's game.

6. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Same world-changing defense that had to sweat out Ball State yesterday ?

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You mean the one that couldn't stop a completely one-dimensional offense with a true freshman quarterback at The Big House?

8. I think Pat White started his '07 Heisman campaign against Louisville on Thursday.

9. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

There, fixed.

10. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

They had their 2nd/3rd String on the field in the 3rd quarter.

11. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

i really didn't wake up tooday to start pick on faux-real day, but you've just said too much stupid shit for one day

every fuckin' straw poll in america will have troy smith at the top of it. quinn will get more cinsideration than he deserves because he plays for notre dame, but also because he's pretty fuckin' good. i hate me some notre dame and hat the notre dame lovefest by many folks, but there's a reason the kid is going to be the no. 1 pick in the draft. and it's not because he's white. jesus christ, this stupid fuckin' kid is making me defend notre dame folk. jesus christ this pains me.

12. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I knew I should've put the sarcasm font on.

Draft saved Draft deleted