1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heisman Trophy 2011 — Robert Griffin III your winner

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 5, 2011.

?

Who will win the 2011 Heisman Trophy?

1. Andrew Luck

23.9%
  2. Robert Griffin III

49.3%
  3. Trent Richardson

10.4%
  4. Tyrann Mathieu

9.0%
  5. Montee Ball

7.5%
  1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/ncaa/12/05/heisman-trophy-finalists.ap/

Any egregious omissions?

(And for all of you who disputed as late as Saturday that Mathieu would get serious votes, I accept your apology).

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Re: Heisman Trophy finalists announced: Who ya got?

Brandon Weeden had to play a game after some dude he saw in the gym one time died. Bullshit that he isn't on there.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

If it wasn't the best QB or RB award, it would go to the Honey Badger. I imagine Trent Richardson will win it, but Andrew Luck has a shot because of his "anointed one-name recognition" status.

4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Not sure Richardson is even the most deserving RB on this list.

5. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

RG3 has it in the bag. And he is going to win because he played when Trent and Luck did not.

RG3 is certainly deserving, but I think Trent and Ball are both better players. Trent is my personal pick, but I voted RG3 because I think he will win.

My ballot would look like this:
    1. Richardson
    2. RG3
    3. Monte Ball

6. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

I saw a stat where Richardson had piled up his rushing yards against the weaker teams on the schedule. But it's also not true that he was shut down by LSU. He had a couple of long pass receptions that gave him impressive total yards numbers for that game.

Having said that, it's RG3. Heck, the Big 12 needs SOME love for being the toughest top-to-bottom conference, doesn't it? :)

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yes. Richardson had 23 carries for 89 yards and 5 receptions for 80 yards against LSU.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

If Luck finishes second, it will be three runner-up finishes in a row for Stanford.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Ball will be downgraded for being thought of as a short-yardage TD accumulator (whether fair or not) or the Wisconsin offense for being Wilson's baby.

10. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Although he's averaging 6.3 yards per carry, which is slightly better than Richardson (6.1).

11. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

To me, it comes down to what player changes the game the most when he touches the ball. Honey Badger don't give a shit and RG3 is special.

1. Honey Badger
    2. RG3
    3. Richardson
    4. Luck
    5. Ball

12. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

As far as Ball is concerned, I think his fringe-Heisman QB has a lot to do with his success. Richardson was Alabama's offense in most cases. Sure, McCarron tossed it around, but when it counted, #3 was getting it. Not to mention the two guys behind T.R. had pretty good years, too.

I can't vote for #7 because I didn't vote for Cam. Off-field issues are a problem for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted