1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heisman thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Well, who you got?

I still say Luck.

2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Les Miles

3. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

it will be a quarterback from a very hyped team in a BCS conference

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

If he comes back next week and beats Texas, Robert Griffin III will win the Heisman. The injury (and the ensuing touchdown) only add to his mystique.

5. derwood

derwood Active Member

Too early to tell.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I really like Robert Griffin III, Luck is solid and I guess Richardson is in the mix, but really it should go to the Honey Badger, simply for more big plays that impacted the season.

7. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

1. Luck - the stigma, the mystique, the expectations he has mostly fulfilled as the most-hyped QB since Peyton Manning)
    2. Trent Richardson - averaging almost 200 yards from scrimmage against ranked opponents
    3. RGIII - Missing past game hurts but he has been very consistent running and throwing
    4. Matt Barkley - Stepped his game up big but gets little attention because of USC sanctions
    5. Honey Badger - Defensive players don't win too often but he should be invited to NY as part of best team in country

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Luck was the most-hyped NFL prospect since Peyton Manning. Tim Tebow was far more hyped as a college player.

RG3 didn't miss the game. He threw for a touchdown and ran for two.

Barkley gets plenty of attention. He was trending on Twitter last night for a reason. He's still a quarterback at USC.

Mathieu's case was out the door when he was suspended. Heisman Trophy winners don't get suspended. Heisman Trophy winners can rarely afford to miss a game.

9. Devin

Devin Member

Montee Ball - Has scored 34 total touchdowns (29 rushing) and rushed for 1,622 yards (two 200-yard games this season).

10. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

I meant didn't finish.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Honey Badger had a great start to the season, but the suspension and a few so-so games in October really hurt his cause. For a defensive/special teams player to win the Heisman, they have to make at least one big play every week, or at least a game where they have a takeaway and a bunch of tackles. Mathieu fell off the radar right when he was starting to generate some buzz.

As for who should win it, I'd go with Richardson. Ridiculous numbers against solid opponents, he had a good game in the defensive slugfest with LSU, and that 57-yard run against Auburn yesterday was practically scripted to be played on the Heisman broadcast.

12. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Maybe he would have locked it up if he scored on that long run...

Draft saved Draft deleted