1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

heisman thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HoopsMcCann, Nov 13, 2006.

1. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

my favorite thing about this post is that reasons Nos. 1 and 14 are the same. that's awesome.

2. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Pat White=Mike Vick reincarnated, so we know hoops won't be voting for him.

And actually, since Troy Smith has thrown some uncatchable balls this year, he's out too. And since McFadden has thrown passes, forget him.

Is there anyone who hasn't thrown a pass this year? Has Rice? Slaton? Wolfe?

They get hoops' vote.

3. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

with your reading comprehension skills, it's obvious why you're a former sports editor

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

It's really quite simple

If you take Troy Smith off of Ohio State's roster they're probably still 10-1 right now, or maybe 9-2.

If you take Ray Rice off of Rutgers they're probably 4-6 right now.

5. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

heisman isn't a most valuable player award, it's most outstanding player. i don't factor that in much in my vote, but that's just me

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Sorry lino, but SI was spot on in its assessment. While Louisville didn't score off the first miscue, it did prevent what almost assuredly would have been a Mountaineer score. And the game changed on the Malik Jackson fumble return TD.

So both of Slaton's fumbles were indeed costly.

7. WSKY

WSKY Member

Bottom line, Colt Brennan is not only dreamy, he's fucking the man on the football field. Let's not forget this guy went to Colorado, and if not for two many drinks, a co-ed's dorm room and a stiffy, he'd be doing the same thing in the Big 12.

8. alanpagerules

alanpagerules Member

Ok, I love that new ad promoting the Heisman, with all the nicknames/mascots chasing the trophy. But what's the big rock thing?

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Agree with hoops here. I believe in that philosophy with the Heisman, especially since 1992, when Gino Torretta won the award with Marshall Faulk and Garrison Hearst flanking him on either side. An absolute joke.

10. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

That's supposed to be a gi-normous buckeye.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It doesnt say he's a former sports editor.
    Could be a former sped, riding the BIG yellow bus instead...

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

You are high. There is a huuuuuuge difference between Brennan doing what he's doing where he is, and doing it in the Big 12.

Draft saved Draft deleted