1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

heisman thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HoopsMcCann, Nov 13, 2006.

1. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

so...

is this the most boring heisman race in a while?

smith is the unquestioned leader, but what if he takes a giant dump this weekend? what then?

i'm holding onto my ballot as long as possible.

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

If (and it's a mighty big if) Rutgers runs the table and goes 12-0, then Ray Rice deserves some serious love. And he may just get it.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I'd love to see it. But no way it is happening, although he will have gotten the prime-time Thursday game against #3 late in the season, and the game against West Virginia the last weekend, with a lot of the voters watching. Rutgers hasn't gotten much respect or attention until now, though, and Troy Smith, Steve Slaton and a handful of other players have been getting attention all season.

4. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

I know he won't win, but Darren McFadden deserves to be in the conversation.

He's rushed for more than 1,200 yards, averaging 6.2 per carry, and may be the most explosive player in the country.

He's also got two touchdown passes.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'd go with McFadden even though Smith gets it if the B'eyes go 12-0.

6. Freelance Hack

Slaton doesn't deserve it because of his fumbles against Louisville. He helped Louisville win that game.

Pat White, OTOH, does deserve some consideration.

7. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Next year will be DMac's year. He's getting NO recognition this year. Of course, if he does well against LSU and in SEC Championship, he'll get a little love this year.

8. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Ian Johnson deserves to be there as well.

9. Freelance Hack

Johnson's in the hospital now with a partially collapsed lung. His status is uncertain for this week's game against Utah State.

10. Chuck~Taylor

Wow, didn't know that.

11. Freelance Hack

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/9799811

Sorry I didn't post it earlier.

12. Chuck~Taylor

A collapsed lung is no joke. If he ends up playing, his toughness points will definitely increase.

Draft saved Draft deleted