1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heh, heh. You Said "Boehner"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Sep 13, 2007.

1. (From CNN)

BLITZER: How much longer will U.S. taxpayers have to shell out $2 billion a week or $3 billion a week as some now are suggesting the cost is going to endure? The loss in blood, the Americans who are killed every month, how much longer do you think this commitment, this military commitment is going to require?
    BOEHNER: I think General Petraeus outlined it pretty clearly. We’re making success. We need to firm up those successes. We need to continue our effort here because, Wolf, long term, the investment that we’re making today will be a small price if we’re able to stop al Qaeda here, if we’re able to stabilize the Middle East, it’s not only going to be a small price for the near future, but think about the future for our kids and their kids.

Were I to hondo-ize right here, I might wonder what would happen to a D congressperson who called what's happening in Iraq "a small price" to pay.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Where's my goddamn check from Big Tobacco?

After all, it's My Due.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Shouldn't the price of heroin be falling now that Afgan production is up to Soviet occupation levels? Is Cheney getting kickbacks on heroin?

Draft saved Draft deleted