1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heckuva?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by spikechiquet, Mar 6, 2008.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Fuck it. I interview rednecks for a living. If I change gonna to going to, no one's going to believe that's what these people said. And trust me, the readers KNOW how these guys talk.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Thehellyousay. I resent your slur against our fine U.S. Post Office employees. Damn, icer!

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Flash

Flash Guest

Imagonna I am going to give you a heckuva heck of a shot to the lips with my stick.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm good with that. The puffy lip look is all the rage.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

It's hot. We Canadian girls are into it ... along with missing teeth and black eyes.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Gridder=football player as determined by the terrible writer at the local paper.

I spent years growing up wondering what the fuck a cager was. I think it refers to basketball, which still makes no sense. I can think of about 100 words that describe basketball players better than cagers.

Seriously what the fuck is a cager?

8. Many decades ago, courts were surrounded by wire mesh, making them "cages" and basketball players "cagers."

Since that was many decades ago, though, headline-writers should stop using "cagers." (Or else also start calling hockey players "ponders.")

9. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

This thread's gotta go. It's gonna get outta hand.

And anyone who uses "cagers" or "harriers" or "gridders" or "grapplers" or "spikers" or "kickers" should be instantly given a swift kick to the nuts or vagina.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Another one if seen in use:

Tracksters.

I'm waiting for the day the same guy uses "trackies".

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

how about netsters or matsters?

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

the proper term is "thinclads."

Draft saved Draft deleted