1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hebert's post-Sugar Bowl rant

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Funny how eager the LSU fans are to turn on their coaches -- even one who comes off as a good guy like Les Miles. But maybe if he got six first downs. ...

2. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

As for the issue of not bringing in Lee, I can see both points of view. I think I would have tried Lee for at least one or two series in the third quarter, almost as a "I told you so" thing.

At the same time, I can totally respect Miles' reason for not bringing him in. Whether it's Jordan Jefferson or Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers at QB, they weren't stopping Alabama's pass rush. Jefferson didn't play lights out, but 11-of-17 ain't stinking up the joint either.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I knew it was some sort of nickname for carrying a family name. Forgive me if I wasn't 100 percent accurate. But he is Bobby Joseph Hebert III, that much I do know.

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Dude, I wasn't ripping you. Just wanted to know where you got that explanation.

5. Steak Snabler

Not to mention that the LSU fan/media revisionists are overlooking the fact that Lee damn near cost them the first game against Alabama by throwing two bad INTs in the first half, one in the first quarter and one early in the third quarter.

Lee also almost got decapitated by Dont'a Hightower in that game.

He was never really the same after that.

6. Steak Snabler

No worries.

7. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

A friend of mine wrote a column back in the 90s that the most popular person on LSU's campus is the backup quarterback. That has held true over the years.

If you go back in time to two years ago and tell any LSU fan that in 2012 they'd be clamoring for Jarrett Lee to get into the game, they'd check you into the mental institution in Pineville. They HATED Jarrett "Pick-Six" Lee.

Mettenberger takes over next year, reportedly, and just wait for the "We want Gunner Kiel" chants to come out around week three or four.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Looks like Hebert's going to have to sit out a year with John Fourcade taking over his duties.

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Too bad there isn't a T-Snake Stabler in high school. Or is there? Now there's a QB controversy for LSU.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

He'd be one bad-ass little SOB.

11. Steak Snabler

I believe Kenny's only (acknowledged) children are girls. One of them's pretty cute:

[​IMG]

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Do the Hebers and Tollivers hang out? Are T-Bob and T-Billy Joe besties?

Draft saved Draft deleted