1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heavy hundred of sports talk

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MTM, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The way I understand it, ESPN requires affiliates to carry Mike & Mike and Cowherd live in order to be able to carry the brand as ESPN stations. That came out in Dallas during the Cumulus takeover of the local ESPN station.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

No Van Pelt.
    No Dave Logan.
    fail.

Unlistenable.

And as funny as Jay Mohr is, his radio show is hideous.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

This is true.

4. printit

printit Member

I have always understood that to be true of Mike and Mike, but not Cowherd. (again, that's one of the alleged reasons Kornheiser left Cowherd's spot). I have never lived in an area where the ESPN affiliate carried Cowherd's show live in its entirety. (some have carried parts).
    The area I live in now carries 1 hour of Mike and Mike and does local sports programming at 7 am. I was frankly stunned when they did this because I had always heard that no Mike and Mike meant no ESPN call letters on the station. That must not be true, at least not in this instance.

Draft saved Draft deleted