1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heavy hundred of sports talk

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MTM, Nov 7, 2013.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Git 'em, Sonner! GIT 'EM! [/lavarathisabsoluteworst]

And, Chad Dukes is a doosh. They deserve each other.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Ha. I do enjoy the GIT 'EM!!! bits. But very little else.

3. printit

printit Member

Re: Cowherd, I like him better than most on here, but I wonder how many markets he's in? Lot of markets, including mine, let affiliates play local guys during that time. (think that was part of the reason Kornheiser gave up that spot).

4. printit

printit Member

I just noticed that, when they did a tie, they didn't skip the next number. So it's the heavy hundred and two of sports talk. Just an excuse to get more people on the list.

Agree with those who think Czaban is too low. I also like Mark Schlereth, who is in the 90s.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

How is Doug Gottlieb #88 when he is nationally syndicated and in afternoon drive?

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Thems a lot of doughy white guys. Patrick's show is the best out there. Entertaining and still manages to break news. Most of the rest sound like a divorced men's support group. The Papadakis and Smith show is the best thing Fox Sports has. Rome's show has fallen off since he's doing a lot of other stuff these days that he has more interest in.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'd like to see the coverage maps of dome of these "national shows", especially the one's in afternoon drive.

Stations like to have local talent on in that time slot.

How many "national" hosts are on in New York, LA, and Chicago? And, the ones that are on in those cities, are they on the mains ports radio station in town?

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

How is Doug Gottlieb #88888888?

9. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

I'd rank B&B high above Muley and Hanley but both are solid.

It's also hilarious that Carmen and Jurko come in at 24 and Waddle and Silvie are down at 58 in the same year that WMVP swapped the shows because Carmen and Jurko were getting destroyed in the rating by B&B.

It is also clear from the list that this is heavily biased toward reach rather than content or talent. Mike and Mike is the mayonnaise of sports talk radio -- bland, pointless and it will make your brain fat. Would anyone listen to those clowns if they weren't shoved down everyone's throat by ESPN? They provide no insight and just rely on overplayed talking points related to their jock vs pretty boy bit. It's awful, awful radio because it is so bland and simplistic.

10. dprince57

dprince57 Member

More Mike parody ...

11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

So has no. 100--Peterson and Crumpler. The fact these made the list really invalidates the whole thing, and almost makes me think it's more a paid for advertisement in a way. Not to mention that the Peterson/Crumpler show is awful radio---horribly, horribly boring.

And in looking at the pictures accompanying the entries, it sure embodies the whole 'face for radio' mantra. My god, there are some ugly mugs in that article.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I found Dino Costa a lot more entertaining to listen to than Francesa.

Draft saved Draft deleted