1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heat Index

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TheSportsPredictor, Oct 4, 2010.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Durant might be the real story in the NBA this year, but we may never see it.

2. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

What's the over/under on threads related to the Heat and Heat coverage this season?

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Exactly. The guy is pure class too. We need more like him.

4. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Can you read? I was talking about an attitude, not about the specifics of the 60s Celtics or the 80s Lakers.
    And neither Russell nor Magic played for any other team than the one he began with.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

So one of the qualifications for being the greatest of all time is to have other people put good players on your team. Seems silly.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Heat Index? I guess this Milwaukee native will keep waiting in vain for Buck Wild.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

An attitude clearly coming from your imagination.

Why this matters one iota is the great mystery.

Magic came into a glamour market surrounded with All-Star and Hall of Fame talent. No reason to want to go anywhere . . . but he did demand to be traded 10 games into his third season. And although he did not cause the firing of Westhead (as I have explained elsewhere), that was quite the attitude for a 23-year-old --- and is every bit as bad as anything LeBron has done (which is to say, it wasn't that bad but has been blown out of proportion).

Russell had no means to go anywhere else even if he wanted. And there was no reason for him to want to.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

But then you get efforts like last week's from one of the South Florida papers (I saw it on one of our news services) comparing this year's Heat to the 95-96 Bulls. Let's see, those Bulls won 72 games, while this year's Heat have won ... NONE!

Shouldn't we see what they do first before installing them among the greats?

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I don't know. We take great joy in predicting the winners of games and horse races and postseason awards and Oscar winners before they are played/announced.

Predicting a team's record before they've played a game is just as nonsensical . . . and typical.

But to be fair, Jeff Van Gundy sort of got the ball rolling two months ago when he said they would break the Bulls' record, maybe break the Lakers' 33-game win streak record and not lose two games in a row all season.

So I wouldn't put the blame on the media for this one.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Dwayne Wade down with bad hammy 3:17 into preseason game vs. Pistons.

Karma cookies! Get your red-hot karma cookies!

11. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Well, at least it's not the type of injury that can linger and rob a basketball player of his quickness.

*Evil Laugh*

12. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Ahmad Rashad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

He wants it known that Jordan made his career, not Smith's.

Draft saved Draft deleted