1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heat Index

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TheSportsPredictor, Oct 4, 2010.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

ESPN.com to unveil a section of its website devoted exclusively to Miami Heat coverage. They brought aboard former Plain Dealer Cavs beat writer Brian Windhorst, former Miami Herald Heat beat writer Michael Wallace, Jemele Hill, Kevin Arnovitz, and Sebastian Martinez-Christensen.

http://www.espnmediazone3.com/us/2010/10/espn-com-to-launch-%e2%80%9cthe-heat-index%e2%80%9d-oct-11/

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That's the number that was rumored since the day those three guys "took their talent to South Beach"

3. Mizzougrad96

It sounds like Jemele's job is to go party in South Beach and see if she runs into LeBron, Dwyane or Bosh.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous. :)

4. writingump

writingump Member

By Christmas time, I'm guessing this will make their fawning over the Yankees look tame.

5. Mizzougrad96

That's the understatement of the century. We will all be sick of seeing this team referred to as, "The greatest talent ever assembled."

Between "The Decision" and LeBron saying the negative reaction was racist, I'm rooting for an ACL tear. :D

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

You're a racist bastard if you think this is excessive. [/lebronandmaverick]

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The opening night of the season may be the first time in my increasingly long life I have ever rooted for the Boston Celtics to win a game. You know, if I was Pat Riley, I'd be moving heaven and earth to keep ESPN out of my team's life. These guys' egos really don't need anymore stroking.
    It'll be funny to see the panic during their first three-game losing streak, though.

8. Mizzougrad96

I may hate the Lakers more than any professional team and I will be rooting for them against this squad.

I feel about this team the same way I did about the Lakers team that had Malone and Payton trying to scrounge for a ring. I just rooted for failure and injuries.

I agree about keeping ESPN and national media away from them. Good luck with that though.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

ESPN alreayd is fawning over the Heat much more than it ever has over the Yankees.
    For about four nights last week they had 10-15 minute segments on SportsCenter from Heat camp. Talk about overkill.
    I don't hate Lebron, Wade or Bosh. I do hate Riley but the real object of our hatred should be ESPN.

10. Mizzougrad96

I like Wade. I have no opinion of Bosh and I can't stand LeBron.

I agree that most of our hatred should be geared toward ESPN.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

ESPN is like the American car industry in the early 1980s, they will just throw any crap out there and expect you to buy it because they are ESPN. But then again, I think they are shooting for teenagers with this crap and not adults.

ESPN now has a crap product 75-80 percent of the time on its flagship station. I'm guessing that is a shitty business model.

Some network will figure out how to do it right again.

12. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I'm always amused at the press conferences with the three of them. Bosh just kind of sits there, no one asks him a question and eventually he just kind of takes one on his own.

Draft saved Draft deleted