1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heat @ Cavs (12-2)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Could this be the most watched game of the last 5 years?

2. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Well, first off, the Cavs aren't 12-2 or even clos ... oh, date.

Second, probably not, just because it's a weeknight game. It'll do well by weeknight standards, and it could be the most watched of the regular season (assuming no two 69-win teams playing each other late), but not the most in the last five years.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's up against an NFL game wherever cable has the NFL Network, so my guess is it won't match the ratings for the opening night Heat-Celtics game.

4. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

Definitely pumped for this game. It's one if not the most anticipated game of the season. I just hope nothing drastic happens. They beefed up security for extra precautions.

James didn't play a lot against the Pistons last night due to a blowout, so he should be pretty fresh considering it's a back to back.

The Heat will win this game in my opinion, and I believe James will have a great game.

It should be playoff atmosphere, that's for sure.

5. doctorx

doctorx Member

Has ESPN had anything on this?

6. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

Blue font, son. Blue font.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/basketball/nba/12/01/cavaliers.heat.lebron.james.pursuit.ap/index.html?eref=sihp

I love chaos. :D

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I don't know about you, but I'm kinda rooting for something nutty to happen. Not anything like Monica Seles. But I could go for some crazy fan running onto the court and getting clotheslined by somebody.

9. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Much ado about nothing. Could care less and won't watch

10. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I would love to see a Cavalier win and an enthusiastic response from the crowd for the home team. Hearing "LET'S GO CAVS" rumble the arena like back in the old Richfield days would make me smile.

I'm not sure any of that will happen though. If a blowout is on, the chance for chaos becomes more real.

SAFE BET OF THE NIGHT: Some jackass fan will wear a Heat jersey to the game and something bad will happen to him.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

This has happened a few times in college basketball, Duke I think started it and Maryland might have done it once.

The fans in the stands all have newspapers open and ignore the other team during the introductions.

Complete silence would be much more effective and profound than a chorus of "You Suck".

References to Delonte West would be nice though

12. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

As a Houston Rockets fan, I remember when Steve Francis played his first game in Vancouver. Fans were throwing tomatoes and batteries at the players. That was absolutely insane, and the level of hatred and media coverage wasn't even close to the LeBron saga.

Draft saved Draft deleted