1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heat beat, West Palm Beach, Fla.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

No way any Ohio paper will cover Heat games beyond a handful of games. Not to mention the fact that readers would probably get their fill pretty quickly.

2. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

Can't see Ohio papers do it, unless it's Cleveland and Akron occasionally. Heck, the PD's sports section couldn't fit it in, except maybe after the Browns go 0-16.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think you could justify it. But that doesn't mean you do it.

4. Cigar56

Cigar56 Member

"Cover his trial for rape or dogfighting, or something even more heinous?" Seems a bit of a stretch their Junkie, and completely cloaked in stereotypes.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't think they'll do it either and while I agree the Miami Heat are the most hated franchise in professional sports right now, I still think the level of interest in that team is going to be off the charts, even if it's people like me who will be watching and hoping that they fail miserably.

6. Cigar56

Cigar56 Member

I don't need a translator, Junkie. But thank's for the suggestion. I understood your post fully.

7. 1HPGrad

1HPGrad Member

Did anybody see PB Post's special section this morning?

8. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

What would they do a special section on?

Draft saved Draft deleted