1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heat backup/GA, Miami Herald

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by ShelbyFoote, Jun 19, 2006.

1. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I'm not very good with numbers.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So that mean's it's 80 percent true?

3. Pocket Aces

Pocket Aces Guest

I heard they want to move fast.

4. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Hey what's crime like down in the South Florida area? Is it something that I should consider before applying for this job?

5. joe king

joe king Active Member

You're a regular riot, Alice.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I believe the job pays enough that you shouldn't have to resort to picking pockets or robbing banks, but I am not 100 percent.

7. Oceanographer

Oceanographer New Member

Which part was innacurate, Hole Balata Love? The part where I admit to having absolutely no inside information? Or was the 120 percent inaccuracy elsewhere? Is Joe Goodman not talented? Has he not helped with Heat coverage? Has he not busted it on preps? I never said anything about him getting the job, because I know NOTHING about the status of this opening and, frankly, hold nothing more than a mild curiosity. And with a small amount of digging, one could pretty easily discover that I am not Joe Goodman.

Good day.

8. AsianScribe

AsianScribe Guest

Sports reporter, Miami Herald

This should start conversation. Yes, I started a new handle, as I've already outed myself.

http://www.aajalink.com/2006/news.php?news_id=107

This from the Asian American Journalists' Association Convention in Hawaii. In the student project video clip here, the Miami Herald recruiter mentions a sports reporter opening.

I also learned from the convention that the Seattle Times and Bergen Country (N.J.) Record have current sports reporter openings. Papers that recently had sports reporter openings include the St. Petersburg Times, Contra Costa Times, Detroit Free Press (2 positions), Fort Worth Star-Telegram, and Chicago Tribune. Those jobs were filled without ever being posted.

It's just more proof that the best positions are never posted.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Re: Sports reporter, Miami Herald

Herald position is posted.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/28301/

But thanks for the other info.

10. Yankee

Yankee Member

What gigs are available in Seattle and Bergen?

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

I guarantee you there is no opening at one of those papers.

12. pittsburgie

pittsburgie Member

be careful with the Times, they are about to be combined with the Oakland Trib/ANG

Draft saved Draft deleted