1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hearst papers to use Bleacher Report stories

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by NatureBoy, Feb 24, 2010.

1. mb

mb Active Member

We're assuming 2,000 of those folks didn't immediately click away when they realized it was done by some dude from his basement?

2. mb

mb Active Member

Oh, and ANY list about the top combine performances in history that doesn't include Mike Mamula is ... well, you get what you pay for, I suppose.

Along those lines, my list of the top college basketball programs ever:

5. Florida
    4. Duke
    3. Kansas
    2. Memphis
    1. North Carolina

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Well, you can't argue with that.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Exactly. Someone making a list is not groundbreaking news. If I really need a Top 10, I'll start DVR'ing Letterman again. And even Sports Illustrated holds itself to one swimsuit edition a year.

5. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

When he spelled "Tommy" Smith wrong -- it's Tommie Smith -- that was enough for me.
    It proves you don't know what you're doing, so, thankfully, I didn't bother to read the rest.
    But I did enjoy the Kaley Cuoco and Minka Kelly photos.

6. rpmmutant

rpmmutant Member

Well, any list of top college basketball programs ever that doesn't include UCLA and Kentucky is... well you get what you pay for.

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Memphis should be higher.

8. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

The fact that Bleacher Report has a guy on here whose first post on this thread was something like "we don't claim to be investigative journalists and you don't need access to do this job....." tells everything you need to know about why BleacherReport is a joke.

And anyone who credentials bleacher report should have their ability to credential revoked, well unless their goal is to have fanboys wearing team colors in the press box.

I'm all for online, hell I think dotcoms do a better job than newspapers in a lot of ways -- but Bleacher Report is 100 percent amateur hour and if Hearst is too cheap or too dumb to realize this then they get whatever it is they have coming to them.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

UCLA and Kentucky are so 1912-2009.

10. mb

mb Active Member

I didn't really need the sarcasm color for the Top 5, I hope.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Some people are just color blind.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Which is why Kentucky wasn't on the list.

Oooops.

Draft saved Draft deleted