1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Health insurance for non full-timers

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by MU_was_not_so_hard, Jan 11, 2008.

1. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I'm know I'm not the only person on here not working at a shop full time, so I figure this thread might help people other than me.

I'm currently without health insurance, but not for lack of effort. I'm hoping someone can help me out. I've tried three different companies (two Blue Cross Blue Shield affiliates) and I'm having trouble. It's not that they are denying me; it's that I simply can't get a response. I fill out the appropriate forms, talk to other salespeople.

But three out of three, I've simply not been given a response. I'm in a rut, and I hope someone on here has some advice for a good company that won't charge an arm and a leg (I couldn't afford the $348 a month for Cobra benefits).

Help please...

Draft saved Draft deleted