1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Health Insurance for Freelancers & Authors

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by swenk, Oct 25, 2006.

1. swenk

swenk Member

Maybe this is of zero interest to anyone here, but I was looking into this for a client, and thought I would pass along the info.

From an ad for The Authors Guild--I have absolutely no connection to this whatsoever, just pasting the text:

2. e4

e4 Member

bump

3. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Good stuff. Wish it was available more places. This is something a lot of people could take advantage of.

4. sartrean

sartrean Member

Yeah, I'm about to be out of a job. I can COBRA my insurance, but that's such a pain in the ass, and human resources is dragging their feet in getting me the paperwork. But then again, my company has never paid insurance costs for employees. You just get a 10% or so discount for gettting a crummy plan that has no copay and a $1500 a year deductible.

But god forbid if any of these wacko prep sports parents out there shoot you in the knee-cap, you need to have the overpriced shit.

And we got the best healthcare system in the world!!

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Who told you that?

6. 50 scent

50 scent Member

Thanks for the post schwenk!

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Why, the Republicans of course.

And they never lie.

8. swenk

swenk Member

They probably quoted you higher rates because you're an espn guy!

Interesting to know, though; I was going to ask here whether anyone had checked this out, or had previous experience with this insurance. Like freelance writers don't have enough problems. :-\

Draft saved Draft deleted