1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Health care reform to SCOTUS? Finally?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Sep 27, 2011.

1. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Damn, Rick, I'm actually glad I took you off ignore.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Maybe, not as sure as you. I don't get the Thomas joke from the first post - is the point that he votes her opinion? or that she "wears the pants"? Something else?

4. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

What is the wager?

5. Dick Whitman

She's a huge anti-Obamacare lobbyist. There was a New Yorker story recently about how many believe he should recuse himself from the case.

6. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Frankly, I don't think Obama benefits that much politically even if the Supreme Court upholds the individual mandate and the bill.

Just because a bill passes constitutional muster doesn't mean the electorate will approve of it. According to polls, the electorate favors repealing the bill by a sizable margin. That's not likely to change much even if the Supreme Court were to uphold it.

7. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

You're like an amalgam of Broder, Brooks, MoDo, Chait and every other middle-of-the-road hack political columnist whose analysis is about as deep as a puddle.

From now on, I shall call you Amalgam.

8. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Congress has no more authority to mandate I buy insurance as it does that I have an iTunes account.

The law will be struck down.

9. Dick Whitman

I promise you it won't.

And if it wanted to write an iTunes tax break law, then it could do that, too.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

So no comment on my two examples showing the Supreme Court striking down attempts to grab unconstitutional powers by calling it a tax?

11. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

It's sick we're even debating this. If this country had any moral backbone, we'd have single payer and be done with it.

12. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner.

Draft saved Draft deleted