1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heads-up to Progressive customers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by deskslave, Oct 5, 2007.

1. I just left Progressive in favor of State Farm, which was about $30-$40 cheaper.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

If they gave me a better quote, I would probably go with them. But Progressive was much cheaper for me.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

State Farm's significantly cheaper for me too, plus I like their renter's insurance, which anyone rentingshould have, folks!

4. That's one of the reasons we went - they offer a discount on auto if you get renters'. The other reason is Progressive is a bunch of douchebags.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

State Farm tried to rip out my wallet, my checkbook and most of whatever future earnings I may gather. Went with Progressive, which was hundreds of dollars less per year with better coverage and deductibles.

Funny ... the folks got massive discounts from State Farm and their record is no better than mine. State Farm's quotes gave me the impression I was 17 years old driving a red sports car with a terrible driving record.

6. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Co-sign. I'm getting a hell of a deal with both my car and homeowner's insurance through State Farm. Of course, it obviously depends on where you live, too.

7. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

And, as your handle so eloquently states, you are a girl. Which does count.

Yeah, because Progressive couldn't help me fix their fuckup last night, I spent a few hours researching quotes. Geico would be less, State Farm would be the same. Progressive's going to learn both those things in a few minutes. Then there's Liberty Mutual. They wanted, for a full year, $2,300. Yeah...does that come with the crack I'd need to spend that much on insurance, or is that sold separately?

8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I want to know if anyone here who has GEICO has ever had to file a claim with them. The premiums sound great ... what about the service?

9. I was with them for a while. Service was kinda crappy. Never had to file a claim with them but a friend did and said it was one of the worst experiences of his life.

10. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

11. But they have funny commercials!!

12. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Vicar: "It's about this letter you sent me regarding my insurance claim."

Devious: "Oh, yeah, yeah ... well, you see, it's just that we're not ... as yet ... totally satisfied with the grounds of your claim."

Vicar: "But it says something about filling my mouth in with cement."

Devious: "Oh well, that's just insurance jargon, you know." (chuckles a tad)

Vicar: "But my car was hit by a lorry while standing in the garage, and you refuse to pay my claim."

Devious (rising and crossing to a filing cabinet): "Oh well, Rev. Morrison ... in your policy ... in your policy ... (he opens the drawer of the filing cabinet and takes out a shabby old sports jacket; he feels in the pocket and pulls out a crumbled dog-eared piece of paper then puts the coat back and shuts the filing cabinet) ... here we are. It states quite clearly that no claim you make will be paid."

Vicar: "Oh dear."

Devious: "You see, you unfortunately plumped for our 'Never Pay' policy, which, you know, if you never claim is very worthwhile ... but you had to claim, and, well, there it is."

Vicar: "Oh dear, oh dear."

Devious: "Still, never mind -- could be worse. How's the nude lady?"

Vicar: "Oh, she's fine." (he begins to sob)

Devious: "Look ... Rev ... I hate to see a man cry, so shove off out the office. There's a good chap."

Draft saved Draft deleted