1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heads up for DirecTV customers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Marcus Michelson, Apr 14, 2010.

1. I found this on a TV nerd board, and thought some here might find it useful.

DirecTV is offering what appears to be a ridiculously good deal on their MLB Extra Innings package.

• You get the Choice Extra pack, MLB Extra Innings, Showtime and Starz for 59.95 for three months (which is cheaper than what I'm paying for Choice Extra right now). After that MLB and Choice Extra for 63.99 for the rest of the season (Showtime and Starz go to their regular price, which means I'll be canceling them).

• You have to call a special number to see if you qualify. I've been with them for more than 5 years, and I was eligible.

More details here: http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/208924-unbelievable-mlb-package-deal.html

2. highlander

highlander Member

Thanks for the information. I have been with them for eight years and recently they gave me a free DVR. Have always wanted to get the MLB package.

3. Me too, it just never made sense before this (I live close enough to the team I follow to get them on my regional sports network). But if they're going to give it to me for essentially free, I'll take it.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The problem with these packages is that they will automatically stay on your bill and go to the regular price the next go-round. So if you wouldn't want that package at the normal rate, be watchful. Once the season starts they don't want to kill it.

5. Yea, I second this. I am with Verizon and we are on our second go around with free HBO and skinamax fo rthre months. When you call to get it, MARK THE END DATE DOWN ON YOUR CALENDAR, CIRCLE IT, PUT A STAR BY IT!!!!! And call a day before that to cancel, it doesn't always go smoothly and you never know what is in the fine print, as in you go over a day and you get charged fo rthe whole month.

6. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

DirecTV around here has been offering free Showtime and Starz for three months with a new subscription. So sounds like you're paying $59.95 for MLB Extra Innings.

7. The $59.95 includes the base package as well.

I was paying almost $70 for just my base package.

8. patchs

patchs Active Member

I thought you were going to say the 101 is going to air the Wire starting in July.
    I have my DVR itching to go for that one.
    I've thought about getting MLBEI but since I work at a newspaper and work 5 nights a week, it'd basically be a waste.
    That's why I got the MLB Mobile Premium service for my cell, I can listen to every game all season at home, work or in the car. And it was just $15.

Draft saved Draft deleted