1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Headphones and Ipods

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Full of Shit, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I'm an iPod newbie, but I haven't minded the Apple earbuds. I just cannot do the ear buds that go in the ear canal thanks to a hideous genetic disposition to producing inordinate amounts of wax, so I have to go with the ones that sit in the outer ear.

I'm also loathe to buy headphones without personally trying them on because it doesn't matter how good they sound if you can't wear them. Haven't gotten around or felt the need to buy any for the iPod yet.

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I just ordered the black E2c-ns for about $62 before shipping — which is apparently something like 45 percent off. I am happy right now. I also might be the biggest nerd ever.

3. Has anybody else wondered why Steve Jobs can't come up with wireless ear buds for the ipod. As a (part-time) runner, nothing gets more annoying that having the cord get loose in the middle of a run. I try and put most of the cord down the front of the shirt, then snake the rest up through the arm to the armband. I can't stand having it loose out front just flopping around.

We've got bluetooth for cell phones, why can't Jobs make this happen for the ipod. I'd pay a decent amount of money for wireless head phones (I use the clips, that go around the outside of the ear when running). Though it would look like a hearing aid without the cord, I don't think i'd care too much.

4. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

there are bluetooth headphones (not apple branded)

but the sound quality isn't as good as you can get with wired buds

5. John

John Well-Known Member

I just can't bring myself to pay more than $20 for headphones.

6. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

spoken just like someone who has never spent more than $20 for headphones...

seriously, why spend a ton of money on a stereo but then get cheap speakers? it's the same thing

7. MrWrite

MrWrite Member

here's yet another vote for the 2Cs. I think it was actually a previous thread on here of this variety that let me to them in the first place. i got 'em, and i love 'em. they totally drown out noise on airplanes, so you don't have to crank the sound up.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I can't get the earbuds to fit right, and they usually feel really uncomfortable. I don't give a hoot in hell how stupid I look, I'll get clunky headphones that surround my ears because they're way more comfortable.

9. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I couldn't ever get earbuds to fit in my ears until I bought the e2cs. I now have a pair of Sennheisers that I LOVE.

10. Mira

Mira Member

I bought the $99 Bose earbuds and LOVE them. I use my Ipod so much more because of the comfort and sound quality of those earbuds. The silicone tips rock, the sound is amazing ... it was totally worth $100. And if I lose the tips, Bose will set me new sets for free. Excellent customer service.

Draft saved Draft deleted