1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Headline of the Day

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HC, Mar 6, 2008.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Ladies and gentlemen ... the Toronto Sun:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Chef

Chef Active Member

Who knew Swayze was sick?

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Did they use enough ink?

4. DougDascenzo

DougDascenzo Member

Link?

5. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

that stinks

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

We need shrinks.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Not to break up the "poet and i didn't know it" theme here, but what does the subdeck say? It's too small on my computer to read.

8. huntsie

huntsie Active Member

And what does it mean? What's the story? :-\

9. T2

T2 Member

Magnifying the image, I read, "Case closed on Ootes' bid to save outdoor facilities for March Break as City Hall's loony left shuts them down."

The photo is captioned "Toronto councillor Case Ootes dons the skates last night at the Regent Park rink which, along with 40 other outdoor facilities, will stay closed during March Break."

10. T2

T2 Member

Apparently most local outdoor rinks closed on March 2 as scheduled. However, temperatures remain below freezing, and school kids are on a vacation called March Break and might want to use the 41 rinks, so one councilman wanted them reopened. His colleagues voted down the idea because it would have cost as much as $380,000.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I've always been mystified why the City of Toronto has ALWAYS closed the outdoor rinks down on March 1. It used to drive me crazy when the boys were home on March break and couldn't play shinny. And since almost all the rinks have artificial ice, the temperature can go above freezing (slightly) and you can still skate on them .

Draft saved Draft deleted