1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Headed to Denver for two playoff games ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by roxraidersfan, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Blue font?

Scratch the Rocky Mountain Oysters. If you get a chance, take a trip through LoDo. Nice spots there ...

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Also: Tattered Cover Book Store (on 16th St., not Fairfax.)

Sports section's not much to speak of -- the place doesn't really cater to the jock crowd -- but every other area is phenomenal. Great place to kill an afternoon.

3. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Tattered Cover is one of the coolest bookstores ever. Given the state of the economy and the state of most bookstores, I'm stunned it's still open, especially when you're talking about a building that huge in a prime part of Denver.

Illegal Pete's is pretty good. If you're on the expense report, hit the Denver Chophouse, which is walking distance from Coors.

Have a few glasses of Fat Tire and Breckenridge Avalanche Ale while you're there.

If you want to go to a true Newspaper hangout, hit Duffy's right off the 16th Street Mall. On a road trip several years ago I went there with a writer friend after the game and half the staff of both papers were there. Granted, that was when The Post was in its old building and when there were two papers there... Cool place though.

5. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Is the Gigglin Grizzly still around? I went there as a kid and remember it being good food.

6. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

I was serious about the Rocky Mountain Oysters. I tried 'em. They weren't bad.

I mean, the idea of them is disgusting, but the idea of any meat is disgusting, if you think about it.

Draft saved Draft deleted