1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Headache cures

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Nov 5, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I have a terrible headaches. How do I cure it?

(ie, cheer up ailing sportschick!)

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Head On. Apply directly to forehead.

3. sportschick

I refuse on the principle that hte commercials annoy me, dammit!

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Don't drink so much the night before.

Seriously, Advil and sleep.

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Goody's Headache Powder. Best cure ever invented.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I rarely get headaches, but when I do they are almost always tied to dehydration. So, if yours is tied to that, you might try drinking some water or gatorade.

Or just go hair of the dog and have some booze.

7. sportschick

Soon as I can that's my plan Tony. I think it's a caffeine headache. I didn't drink my usual pot of coffee :p

8. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Get the coffee IV started now. I might have one you can borrow.

(Other than that, I always sleep off my headaches.)

9. sportschick

I've got caffeine right now, but I don't think it's working!

10. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Try putting a hot towel or rag on your forehead. Not scalding hot, mind you.

It works for my wife when she's suffering from serious caffeine headaches.

Hope you feel better.

11. didntdoit19

didntdoit19 Member

Sleep and chicken soup, but not at the same time.

I've been getting migraines for years, and to be honest, the best cure is time.

12. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I don't want to scare anyone - especially at 5:15 in the morning, but I feel sort of obligated to relay this...

Last March, I developed a shit-kicking migraine that lasted 8 days, forced me to call in sick to work for the first time in my professional life and eventually made it so I couldn't open my eyes.
    I was 27 at the time, and it scared the crap out of me because I'd never felt that type of pain. I ended up at the doctor -- who again, because I'd never had migraines before, ran about a bazillion tests on me.
    A second doctor found two minor blood clots in my frontal lobe. Within time, he said, either one could easily have caused me to stroke. He prescribed some medicine that makes me wish I still had health insurance that covered it, and I haven't had a migraine or really much of a headache at all since I started the medication.
    Regardless -- and I tell this to anyone who is having more than the normal headache/migraine, and especially if it lasts more than a few days -- it might not be a bad idea to get it checked out.

Draft saved Draft deleted