1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Head on. Apply directly to the forehead.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Hammer Pants, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

"Head on. Apply directly to the forehead.
    Head on. Apply directly to the forehead.
    Head on. Apply directly to the forehead."

Why is this commercial on every damn television in every damn city I go to? This must be the greatest product ever.

2. I see a bunny and a pancake...

3. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

This is it, apparently:

4. Hammer Pants

I've been in five cities in different parts of the country in the past two weeks, and I've seen this commercial in at least four of the cities. It just came on CNN. Surely someone else has seen this. Surely I haven't gone completely mental.

5. HP --
    I believe you. I just haven't seen it yet and can't imagine from the slogan what the product could be.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Haven't seen it either. And from the clip on youtube, I have no idea what the purpose of this product is.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I've seen the commercial dozens of times in a few different cities. I still don't know what the product does either. But, by God, I know you apply it directly to your forehead.

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

10. Hammer Pants

Good, good. This has just been repeatedly striking me as a large pop culture disaster, and I can't believe I haven't heard anyone randomly discussing it. Not here. Not on the streets. Not in the airports. Nowhere. And it's awful.

Apperently it's migraine relief. In that case, superb marketing. The advertisement of this product gives me a migraine, so I go to the store and they say, "Get head on, and apply it directly to the forehead." Then I feel better, and I've bought their product. Then I can watch the commercial and start the vicious cycle all over again.

I can go on with my day now.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Boom goes the dynamite

12. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

CNN runs this on a continuous loop, which lends me to believe that it caters to the older set. This product's ad agency must think that this audience is either senile or deaf, hence the obnoxious commercial.

Draft saved Draft deleted