1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

He was yelling out the secret code word!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Most coroners are elected.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Huh. Can't say as I've ever pulled the lever for a coroner. I just assumed they were hired by the government. Learn something every day.

3. The weird part is they run by party affiliation. As if being an M.D. wasn't enough, you need to be a [insert party of your choice here].

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Coroner is virtually an honorary title nowadays. If there is any uncertainty about a cause of death, bodies are sent to the state crime lab.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Depends on the state

6. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

So cheesey, this has to be the winner.

7. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

That joke never gets old.

8. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

9. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

What is the frequency Kenneth?

10. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

In some places you don't need to be an MD or any kind of doctor.

11. No, in most places where coroners are elected they do not have to be a doctor because they aren't required to anything medical. Their job is to keep a budget, make sure the bodies get to the right place and notify families, give or take a duty.

I do know some coroners who actually do the autopsies but that is because they are actual medical doctors/medical examiners.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That is terrible. Regardless of the guy's motive, he's helping you do your job.

Draft saved Draft deleted