1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

He said What?!?!?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I in no way want this to be a political thread.

If you want to talk politics in this thread, don't.

Simple as that.

This is WAY out there.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2010/01/21/2010-01-21_glenn_beck_on_scott_browns_ayla_arianna_remark_in_speech_this_one_could_end_with.html

Mods; Delete this thread at any point you seem fit.

I realize that politics may get morphed into this one, but let's hope the immature stay away.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I guess Glenn Beck is better when he's trying to be funny attacking a liberal than lampooning some Republican he has the hots for.

3. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

And did anyone see Brown's victory speech, where he announced that his two daughters are "available?"

Way to go, Massachusetts.

In all seriousness, Beck is a clown. It's either an act, or he's the dumbest guy on the planet.

4. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I'd say given how much money he's made and continues to make and his ratings -- he is not even close to being the dumbest guy on the planet. In fact, he's probably a lot closer to being one of the smartest guys on the planet.

And I say this as someone who thinks he is a prototypical hot-air filled stooge.

But he clearly figured out how to cash in on it and that makes him a lot smarter than the rest of us.

5. fishhack2009

Check out Beck's latest "thought":

Beck: I believe it could get ugly -- so ugly, not only do I think the Republic is in danger, I think that we need to pay real attention -- I think this president could be in real danger as well -- something I have said for awhile.

=================================================================================

Mr. Beck? Secret Service for you on Line 1...

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yes. It takes brilliance to lie and cry and tell a bunch of people exactly what they want to hear.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

And if it isn't ugly enough yet, me and Rush'll just stir the pot some more.

8. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

It takes brilliance to find someone to pay you handsomely for doing that while the overwhelming majority of the rest of us working stiffs toil and labor and bust our ass for a fraction of what we believe we are worth.

9. fishhack2009

Exactly, Zag.

And any listener/viewer of Beck's who actually believes that he gives two poops about them or their struggles is just deluding themselves. He's laughing all the way to the bank.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Well, the right has Beck. The left has Olberman.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think it takes no shame, scruples or decency.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

It's an act.

He used to do "Glenn and Tim's Morning Zoo!!" in Phoenix. He figured out crying about liberals destroying America was a hell of a lot more lucrative. Looks like he was right.

Draft saved Draft deleted