1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

He may be a man and he may be 40 ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BurnsWhenIPee, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Is it OK that when I read this, I thought it was taken almost word-for-word from the Clerks scene about contractors on the Death Star?

2. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

"My friend here's trying to convince me that any independent contractors who were working on the uncompleted (Gundy home) were innocent victims when it was destroyed by the (football coach's ego)."

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Any contractor willing to work on that house knew the risks. If they were killed, it was their own fault. A carpenter listens to his heart...not his wallet.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I've never seen Clerks.

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

He's an idiot, but he's OUR idiot ...

Yeah, this whole thing is stupid, and Gundy clearly overreacted, but the contractor had to know who he was working for. $10,000 job would be worth wearing some other kind of shirt. You can have your loyalty to Joe Simpson or you can have your work.

6. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Common sense, even skewing toward sports-nut sense, would not lead most people to equate wearing a grey OU baseball shirt with a reason to lose $10K.

I see your point. If you're going to work on the house of the local Tea Party leader, you probably know that wearing an "Obama '08" shirt has a small chance of costing you your job.

But in both cases, I hope the contractor wins the lawsuit.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

You now have something to do tonight.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

What's lost in here is poor Mike Gundy's wife, who stood the risk of being offended by the carpenter's OU t-shirt.

I hope she's OK after some serious therapy.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I'm already booked, between Monday Night Raw and being on here.

10. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I hope he does too, but I don't think common sense rules apply on the front end. He could've saved himself the money and the hassle of pursuing a lawsuit by wearing the holy aero 87 shirt that day.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

She's was stupid enough to marry MIke Gundy. She gets what she gets.

12. printdust

printdust New Member

And it was a BASEBALL shirt at that.

Draft saved Draft deleted