1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HDTV Help

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jan 13, 2009.

1. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I think so too. Rattling some cages at Dell is on the things to do today list. It might be as simple as the $17 HDMI cable I ordered with it. If that's causing the hold-up, I'll see if I can get get that removed from my order. I want to enjoy my SB chili in front of my new play toy. I don't want to have to wait for the Daytona 500 if I don't have to.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

17 bucks is a decent price for an HDMI cable, but if I don't need cables this second, I order off ebay.
    Knew I was getting a DVD player for Xmas (only thing I specifically asked for) and bought an HDMI cable for 6.99 with free shipping. Friends bought an HTIB and asked me to hook it up and needed a DVI cable, 10 bucks....

3. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I'm with you on cables. I'll save a few bucks to wait on cables when I can. I called and found out that it's shipping separately, and I'll be getting the TV and BlueRay sometime this week. I'll be visiting Circuit City to see if I can get a good deal on HDMI cables this week. My day has been made!!!!

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I went yesterday... use ebay... much cheaper and will get there about the same time as the TV

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

We're watching this big honker now, it looks great even without HD. My son said HD will be, uh, ah, (wood) worthy. This thing is the perfect size for the room we have it in.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The boy's right. Getting a new TV is a religious experience, but HD is a trip to Mecca.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

[​IMG]

is glad you have a TV worthy of him...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Moddy, right now you are looking at bra ads in a Sears catalog.

HD is like seeing a Playboy for the first time.

Draft saved Draft deleted