1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HDTV Help

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jan 13, 2009.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2348191

I mounted this bad boy on my three-foot fence beside my house. I have a clean shot to the sky, and I drug a coax under my house (crawl space) to where my TV is and drilled through the floorboard. It took about an hour.

I know Moddy is a little challenged when it comes to the tool time stuff, but his kid went to Tech, right?

Your DirecTV install guy (or whomever you use) can plug it into the back of the box and you will still have the over-air channels.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

My son is very good at this kind of thing. At a lot of things. He just fixed a huge chunk of my kitchen floor.
    But we'll wait until 2/9 on this, thanks anyway.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Just tell me you will watch the SB somewhere in HD.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Come on.. if we can't help you tear up your house, who can?

5. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Anyone try adjusting levels and all that other jazz to improve the picture? I know the levels in the store are different than the TVs they sell, which are back to stock levels. It has something to do with lighting and i can't for the life of me figure out how to do it.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The Philips I have has two settings -- store and home

7. Smokey33

Smokey33 Member

I get my locals in HD with a coax that I stripped down the last couple feet to just the center core and draped it out the window. Works perfectly and best of all, it's free.

8. Smokey33

Smokey33 Member

I haven't actually tried this, but it looks really easy.
    http://gizmodo.com/5098917/how-to-calibrate-your-new-hdtv-and-not-lose-your-mind?skyline=true&s=i

9. patchs

patchs Active Member

Try this for an antenna.

10. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I broke down and purchased a 46" Sharp from dell.com a few days ago. Damn thing won't ship until Feb. 3. I have a 32" Samsung HD, but I was hoping to watch the SB in the glory of 1080p.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Odd for them to take a week to send out...

12. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

The 1080p might help in the processing by the set, but NBC broadcasts in 1080i. There's no 1080p broadcasting because it's too much info for the bandwidth. BluRay can handle it, broadcast can't.

Draft saved Draft deleted